(Week commencing Sunday 4th October 2020)
Text: Acts 5:1-11
- When Luke recorded the history of the early church, he recorded the good and the not-so-good stories. How important is that to do when we tell our story?
- What was the “crime” (sin) for which Ananias and Sapphire suffered as they did?
- What do you think the reaction/reputation of the church might have been when this happened?
- How do you understand a verse like Proverbs 1:7?
- Based on the assumption that Peter knew what he did about Ananias and Sapphira’s deception via divine revelation (e.g. ‘word of knowledge’), what is your experience of this kind of spiritual gift occurring in the contemporary church?
- What might be a twenty-first century comparison with the events described in this passage?
- What are the big lessons to take away from this passage . . . starting this week?