- In your own words talk about when you were saved. Was it a moment in history, or something that happened over a period of time? Tell your story.
- What does the term Salvation mean to you. Explain it to the rest of the group, and then listen as others explain what they understand. What are the consistent terms and ideas being used.
- As you think about the terms that you have used to describe salvation, think about the average 14 year old in New Zealand right now. Haw many of these terms would they use or hear normally in a week?
- As we think about the way salvation, or atonement, has been talked about throughout the centuries since Jesus, how has the language changed to explain salvation. Why has it changed? In changing the word pictures, has the fundamental message changed?
- A list of concepts was given as the building blocks of understanding salvation; Atonement, Grace, Justification, Reconciliation, Redemption, Sacrifice, Victory. Are there other fundamental ideas that you think should be on the list. Discuss.