(Week commencing Sunday 11th October 2020)
Text: Romans 13:1-7; 1 Peter 2:13-15
- Why do you think Paul and Peter saw it important to write about obeying the laws of the land? What might have precipitated that?
- How do you respond to Romans 13:1? Are there exceptions to this?
- In the first few centuries of the church there were occasions when governing authorities compelled action that Christians couldn’t comply with (like calling Caesar “lord,” etc.). Are there parallels to this in our day and age?
- Romans 13:6-7 challenges us to willingly pay taxes. Why is this an important biblical instruction?
- What might be some creative ways we can put into practice verses like 1 Timothy 2:1-3?
- What do you think about Christian political parties?
- How important is it that Christians vote in a General Election?