- Why would the Lord Jesus be interested in an opinion poll on who the crowds thought He was? Why do you think Jesus asked the follow-up question in verse 20?
- What do you think was the reason for the Lord’s stern command not to tell anyone that He was the Messiah?
- How might the disciples have felt about verse 22?
- In verse 23. What attitudes or activities are key to following Christ?
- What do you think Jesus meant by, “whoever loses his life for My sake will save it”?
- Give some specific examples of what it means today to: (a) deny yourself, (b) take up your cross daily, (c) follow Christ, and (d) lose your life.