(Week commencing Sunday 4th July 2021)
- 1.Why was John on Patmos? What do we know about his assignment there?
- 2.What four characteristics (v.9) did John have in common with his believing readers?
- 3.Skim verses 9-20; what hints do we have concerning John’s spiritual condition? What does this tell you considering he was on an island prison?
- 4.Close your eyes and someone read verses 12-18 slowly – several times if necessary. What do the images of these verses suggest about the Lord Jesus? (cf. Daniel 7:9)
- 5.In verse 13 John saw “one like the Son of Man.” Who is this referring to in Daniel 7:13?
- 6.What is the meaning of the seven stars and the seven lampstands? How do these both relate to the church? What comfort is there for us today in the Lord’s description of Himself in verse 18?
- 7.How can you be on Patmos (suffering) and in the “Spirit” (reigning) at the same time?