1. What do think “worldly compromise” means? In what ways might a church group compromise with the culture around it?
2. How does the Lord Jesus introduce Himself to the church at Pergamum (2:12)? How does this differ from His introduction to the churches in Ephesus (2:1) and Smyrna (2:8).
3. Why does the Lord use the illustration of the “sharp two edged sword” (2:12)? How do you think the Lord Jesus would introduce Himself in a letter to our church at Central Baptist?
4. What did the Lord mean by, “I know where you dwell, where Satan’s throne is”? What pressures do you think the church in Pergamum faced?
5. How did the Lord commend the church in Pergamum (2:13)? What do we know about Antipas (2:13)?
6. How bold are you at sharing your faith in the face of opposition?