(Week commencing Sunday 11th July 2021)
- 1.Share what you imagine it might be like to be separated from family, friends, and Believers, and to be imprisoned on a rocky island with other prisoners? How did John view his imprisonment in verse 9?
- 2.What did John’s isolation give him time to do (v.10)? How did God use John’s terrible situation for His divine purposes? Can you think of a time in your life when God used a horrible situation for His glory?
- 3.Why do you think John reacted to the vision the way he did in verse 17? How was this vision of Christ different from what John had experience as a disciple of Christ?
- 4.How would the words of the Lord Jesus in verses 17-18 be a comfort to John? What was the Lord Jesus implying?
- 5.What “extraordinary assignment” did the Lord Jesus give to John (v.19)? Explain the possible outline of Revelation in verse 19.
- 6.What assignment might the Lord Jesus be giving us this week in light of what we are learning?