1. How do you feel about the suggestion that “God and the Bible has a bias toward the poor”?
2. What do you reckon was Jesus primary point in telling this parable about the rich man and Lazarus?
3. In Luke 16:13 Jesus made a radical statement about loving God or loving money. This is an easy statement if you are poor; how might it apply in a more wealthy context like ours?
4. Some Christians believe those who are poor are in their predicament by their own foolish choices. How do you respond to that and does it change our sense of responsibility toward the poor?
5. Consider the following Scriptures – what is the “take out” for you from each of them? – Deuteronomy 15:7-8 – Proverbs 14:31; 19:17; 22:9 – Galatians 2:9-10
6. Who might the “poor man” in Jesus parable be in our day and age, and what might we do to help?