(Week commencing Sunday 10th May 2020)
Text: Luke 1:26-38
- In Psalm 127:4-5 the blessing of having children is likened to warrior’s arrows. How would you understand or explain this metaphor?
- What aspect of Mary’s visitation by an angel captures your imagination the most?
- Why do some people (even Christians) have difficulty with the idea of Jesus’ immaculate conception (born to a young woman still a virgin)?
- What kinds or types of people does God use in his purposes?
- Being at the centre of God’s will does not guarantee everything will go well for us. What is your experience of this?
- How does Jesus’ prediction in Matthew 5:10-12 make you feel?
- What might be something God is asking of you at the moment?