1. How does the Lord Jesus describe Himself (7)? What does the “key of David” open, and what does this mean (vv.7-8; cf. Isa. 22:22-24; Matt. 16:19)? What doors has Christ placed before you? How have you taken advantage of these “open door” opportunities?
2. How is the church able to persevere? What did Jesus mean by, “you have but little strength” (v.8)?
3. What does it mean to be a “true Jew” (v.9, cf, Rom 2:2-29)?
4. What did Jesus mean in v.10 by, “keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth? What did Jesus mean by, “I am coming soon” (v.11)?
5. How does their reward (v.12) fit their faithfulness?
6. In what ways are you like, or unlike, the Christian’s in Philadelphia?