(Week commencing Sunday 1st November 2020)
Text: Acts 5:17-42
- V.17 says that the Sadducees were filled with jealousy toward the apostles. Why do you think that was the case?
- What experiences have you had of being told to not speak about your faith?
- Peter’s response to the Sanhedrin (v.29) is forthright and defiant. What might be occasions in our day and aged where such forthrightness might be called for?
- What does (or might in the future) religious persecution look like in a country like ours?
- What does a verse like John 14:21 say to you?
- Gamaliel was a surprising supporter of the apostles before the Sanhedrin. What do you think was his motivation?
- What does this passage of Scripture challenge you to do differently this week?