(Week commencing Sunday 30th May 2021)
This I Believe: The War of the Will
- Quickly skim over Isaiah 14:1-23. What is the dominating theme of the chapter?
- What important, though morbid, principle is brought out in verses 9-11? How does this differ for the believer in Christ?
- What common refrain is repeated in verses 12-15? Who might these verses be possibly referring to? (Daniel 10:13, 20-21; Luke 10:18; Rev. 12:8-10).
- In what ways do we demand “our own will and way” today?
- According to 2Peter 1:3-4, what does it mean to be a true Christian? What does the last part of verse 4 literally mean? “. . . having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.”
- What happened when you received Christ as Saviour and Lord? How does the believer “walk in Christ?” (Col. 2:6)