Sunday 14th March 2021
- How important is prayer to you? Do you make prayer a priority in your walk with God? Give some examples (personal, or someone you know or have read about) of what a vibrant prayer life might look like.
- Where was Daniel living when he wrote the book of Daniel? How did he end up there? How important do you think prayer was to him?
- What did Daniel understand from the “books,” and why was this so significant?
- What can we learn about the Scriptures from Dan. 9:2, and how did Daniel interpret what he read?
- In verse 5 Daniel prays, “We have sinned.” The Hebrew verb translated “sinned” means “to miss the mark.” Read Judges 20:16. What are the implications of what Paul states in Rom. 3:23?
- Skim through verses 4-19. What elements of prayer does Daniel include in his prayer? Which of these elements do we need to add to our prayer life? Finish with prayer, and include as many elements of Daniel’s as seem appropriate.