(Week commencing Sunday 6th June 2021)
This I Believe: God is Sovereign Over His Earth
- Read Psalm 24 aloud. What lines of this Psalm indicate a precession into Jerusalem? What were the Sons of Kohath, David and the Israelites carrying into the city (1Chron. 15:25-16:4)?
- What does David claim about God in verses 1-2? Explain why this truth is so comforting for the believer.
- How does the truth “The earth is the Lords” relate to David’s question and answer in verses 3-4? What did David mean by “clean hands and a pure heart? What does David mean by, “does not lift up his soul to an idol” (4)?
- How do verses 7-10 relate to the precession into Jerusalem (especially in relation to what was being carried)? What is stressed about God in verses 7-10?
- How does Paul apply this Psalm in 1Cor. 10:25-26?
- What does God’s reign as “King of Glory” call you to be or do?