(Week commencing Sunday 27th June 2021)
1. Why is it so important to read the “Read This First” instructions before using a new purchase? Can you relay a story of what happened when you didn’t follow the instructions before using a new purchase?
2. In what ways is Revelation 1 a “Read This First” chapter? In relation to the larger context of Revelation, why would this have been so comforting to the early church?
3. Verses 4 – 5a give a benediction. What was it and who was it from? Why would this have been so encouraging for the persecuted church?
4. Read aloud verse 7. Who is it who will see Jesus coming? Why will they mourn?
5. Why does the Lord Jesus call Himself the “Alpha and Omega”? What does this mean, and how comforting is that for today?
6. What do verses 5a – 6 say, and what do they mean? How does this relate to us today?