(Week commencing Sunday 16th August 2020)
Text: Acts 2:37-41
- If someone came up to you and asked what they had to do to become a Christian, what would you tell them? How much is belief and how much is action?
- What is an example of repentance in your life since becoming a follower of Jesus? What was the consequence or impact of doing so?
- Tell us about your experience of baptism in water? When did it happen? What did it mean for you?
- Given the meaning and timing of baptism in the New Testament how would you answer someone who wonders why many churches baptize babies?
- Have you ever had the experience of people praying for you to be filled with the Holy Spirit? What happened? What difference has it made?
- How important is the church (Christian community) to your understanding of being a follower of Jesus?
- What will you do differently this week for considering this passage of Scripture?