1. Can anyone share the illustration of a frog being slowly heated pot of water? How is this similar to the temptations we face as believers?
2. What was the teaching of Balaam (Num. 22-24; 31) that was being introduced to the believers at Pergamum? How do you think it affected the Pergamum church? What issues or sins do you think the Lord Jesus would point out to our church as things He is not pleased with?
3. What is the significance of the “sharp two-edged” sword (v. 16)? What is the significance of the “hidden manna,” the “white stone,” and the “new name which no one knows?”
4. What cultural influences distract you from your relationship with Christ? How subtle or direct are those influences in your life?
5. What weapons has God given to you to do battle with these influences? Are there any verses from Scripture that come to mind as you are being tempted by these influences?