(Week commencing Sunday 22nd November 2020)
Text: Acts 6:8-7:60
- How important is our reputation? How would you respond to those who say they don’t really care what other people think of them?
- On the Day of Pentecost, the apostle Peter referred to the experience of Holy Spirit power as something that would be for all followers of Jesus (Acts 2:38-39). Why do you think this was significant?
- Why was Stephen so vehemently opposed and attacked by the people?
- What was the main point(s) Stephen hoped to get across in Acts 7:44-50?
- Stephen used the metaphor of “stiff-necked people.” Who might this kind of metaphor apply to in our day and age?
- Stephen paid the ultimate price (as the first Christian martyr) for speaking the word of God. What has it cost us to follow Jesus?
- How do you relate to Jesus’ words in Matthew 5:10-12?