(Week commencing Sunday 21st March 2021)
- 1. Two thirds of Daniel 9 is devoted to Daniel’s prayer. Only one third gives a glimpse into the future. What might this suggest to us?
- 2. What was so significant about the timing of the Angel Gabriel’s arrival in Daniel’s room? What/who does the evening sacrifice ultimately point to?
- 3. Why do you think the time period of 490 years is broken by three time periods; 7 sevens, 62 sevens, and 1 seven?
- 4. What six things happened within the “seventy sevens”? Which events may refer to the time of Ezra and Nehemiah (458-430 B.C.)? Which events refer to Jesus as the Anointed One? Which events still seem to be in the future?
- 5. For Daniel and the Lord Jesus, was the emphasis on what the future holds? Or on Who holds the future? What hope does that give us in these uncertain times we live in?