(Week commencing Sunday 26th April 2020)
Text: Matthew 24:4-14; 1 Timothy 4:1-2
- What are some of the alternative theories (conspiracy or otherwise) that you have heard for the Covid-19 pandemic, to that told by government/media?
- News reporting on doubters and sceptics (and conspiracy theories) of Covid-19 seem to suggest they are disproportionately from conservative Christian circles. Why is that the case?
- Many Christians have a negative view of news media, and assume they have a bias. Why might that be the case and is it justified?
- When someone shares with us a conspiracy theory, that doesn’t seem right/accurate, what should our response be?
- If someone were to ask you what you consider Jesus’ response might be to international efforts to curb the spread of Covid-19, what would you say?
- How might we apply the apostle John’s advice (1 John 4:1) in “testing” the information we receive?
- What do passages like Romans 13:1-7 and 1 Peter 2:13-15 say to our response to governments and rulers?