- Why did Jesus take Peter, James, and John up on the mountain (28-29a, cf.9:19)? What did Jesus do on the mountain (28-29a)? Do you notice a theme here? Why do you think Luke emphasised this? What can we learn from this?
- What connection, if any, is there to verse 27?
- What happened to Jesus as He was praying (29)? Who appeared with Jesus on the mountain? What did they talk about? What can we learn from this?
- What were Peter, James, and John doing (32)? What did Peter say when he woke up?
- What did God say from the cloud (35)? When else has God said something very similar (Luke 3:22)? Why do you think God told the disciples to “listen to Him”?
- When it comes to listening to Jesus, how hard of hearing are you?